To Submit an Accuracy Inquiry Please Visit:
All Weatherby® Mark V® rifles with a serial number prefix of “WY, PM and PS” and Vanguard® Series 2 rifles with a serial number prefix of “VB” are guaranteed to shoot a .99″ or better 3-shot group at 100 yards from a cold barrel when used with premium (non-Weatherby calibers) or Weatherby factory ammunition.
All other Mark V® rifles with a 5 digit numeric number, B, C, H, M, P, S, AB, AS, BP, BW, PB, SB, SS, SW, WB, WS, as well as all other Vanguard® rifles with serial numbers beginning with V, VL, VS, or VX, are guaranteed to shoot a 1 1⁄2” or better 3-shot group at 100 yards from a cold barrel when used with premium (non-Weatherby calibers) or Weatherby® factory ammunition.. Together, the Weatherby system (premium ammunition and rifle) forms the flattest shooting, hardest hitting, most accurate combination in the industry today.
If you are experiencing accuracy problems, then please follow the subsequent steps to either correct or identify the issue.
- ACTION SCREWS: Confirm that these screws are tight. Hand-laid Fiberglass & Carbon Fiber stocks, verify that the screws are torqued to 55 inch-lbs, while Wood and Synthetic stocks should be torqued to 35 inch-lbs. (See attachment for torquing procedures)
- SCOPE MOUNTS: Use a quality set of scope mounts, and verify that they have been securely mounted to the firearm.
- SCOPE: Use a quality, tested scope, and verify that it is securely mounted to the firearm.
- AMMUNITION: Test fire the rifle using only premium or Weatherby factory ammunition. Please see attached lists for our recommendations.
- CROWN: Verify that the barrel’s crown is free of any dings, gouges or large scratches.
- CLEAN BARREL: Use a trusted copper solvent, such as Sweet’s 7.62, to thorough clean the bore (follow manufacturers instructions for any brand used).
WARNING: MODIFICATION OF THE ORIGINAL BARREL OR FACTORY STOCK BEDDING WILL VOID THE ACCURACY GUARANTEE.
If all of the preceding components have been checked, and are known to be working properly, then please call the Weatherby Customer Service Department at 1-307-675-7840 for an RMA number.
NOTE: WEATHERBY WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY FIREARMS WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL. PLEASE CALL FOR AN RMA NUMBER.
NOTE: ALL FIREARMS MUST HAVE OPTICS AND MOUNTS REMOVED PRIOR TO RECEIPT, OR THE SENDER WILL BE SUBJECT TO A SCOPE REMOVAL AND REMOUNT FEE.