The first thing you’ll notice about the Vanguard Talon, aside from Weatherby’s legendary fit and finish, is the stock. The Talon is equipped with a carbon fiber Peak 44™ Blacktooth™ stock, the same stock we use on the Backcountry 2.0 Ti. To help reduce the recoil on this ultra-light set up, the stock features Peak 44™’s 3DHEX® recoil pad and threaded Accubrake ST.
- All Vanguard rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99” or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) from a cold barrel when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition within Two-Years of the Verified Purchase Date to the Original Purchaser.
- Accubrake ST Included On All Calibers
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- Vanguard Recoil Pad
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Hinged Floorplate
- Peak 44 Blacktooth carbon fiber stock with Green and White sponge pattern accents
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- #2 contour, spiral-fluted barrel
- Barrel length is 26″ (28″ OAL with Accubrake) for magnum chamberings & 24″ (26″ OAL with Accubrake) for non-magnum
Tungsten Cerakote® finish on all metalwork for exceptional weather and corrosion resistance.
- Graphite black Cerakote® finish on bolt and safety.
- Accubrake comes standard: 1/2×28 standard thread pitch with seamless thread protector