The portrait of me you’re drooling over really captures my attitude. But it doesn’t show you one of my finest features. Well, nine of them to be exact: Nine magnum lugs in my action for the big cartridges I was born to fire.
Allow me to give you a quick lesson in metallurgy. You see, a rifle barrel is only as good as the steel it’s made from. My steel was specially selected for its molecular superiority, machined, and cut rifled at Krieger – makers of the finest custom barrels on the planet. That, combined with my 9-lug Weatherby action, new LXX™ trigger and 5-round detachable magazine makes me one wickedly-accurate tack driver. Plus, with a fully-adjustable stock, I promise to fit in just right every time we go shooting or hunting.
- Range Certified SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)
- Comes with printout from Oehler Ballistic Imaging System, including specific load/ballistic data and computer image of actual 3-shot group. Signed and certified by Ed or Adam Weatherby
- LXX Trigger
- Accubrake Included On All Calibers
- Fluted Bolt Body
- 54-Degree Bolt Lift
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Cocking Indicator
- Magnum 9-Lug action
- Fully adjustable stock
- CNC machined aluminum bedding plate
- High Desert Camo with black spiderweb accents
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Krieger Custom match grade
- Free Floating
- #3 contour
- Hand-honed action to assure 100% lug contact with the receiver
- DD Ross tactical bolt knob
- Muzzle brake has 90 degree lateral gas dispersion ports
- Detachable 5 round box magazine
NOTE:338 LAPUA features a Chrome Moly barrel
Learn more about the Mark V features HERE.