I was born in the backlands. Flatlands bore me. Give me mountains. Put me to the test on rugged ridges. Trust me in the harshest environments on planet earth. Hunting that country is what I live for – just like you.
Look at the topo map and decide where to take this rifle first: Deep into the backlands to pursue animals that few if any have ever seen – let alone got shots at. That’s the hard earned hunting that pays off big in the end, but it requires traveling light, which is what this rifle does best. Weighing in at just 6.75 pounds thanks to the hand-laid fiberglass stock and weight-shaved fluted 24” barrel. It’s finished with a gray spider-webbed gel coat on the stock, and tactical gray Cerakote® on the metal for protection against the toughest punishment the back country can dish out.
- All Vanguard rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99” or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) from a cold barrel when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition within Two-Years of Verified Purchase Date to Original Purchaser.
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- Vanguard Recoil Pad
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Hinged Floorplate
- Weighs just 6 ¾ pounds – ideal for long treks on backcountry hunts
- Hand-laminated, raised comb Monte Carlo composite stock
- Full length aluminum bedding plate
- Matte gel coat finish
- Spiderweb accents
- Pachmayr® Decelerator® pad
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Chrome-moly metalwork with Cerakote® Tactical Grey finish for exceptional weather- and corrosion-resistance
- #2 contour fluted barrel
- Barrel length is 26” for magnum chamberings & 24” for non-magnum and 240 Wby Mag