When covering distances deep in the heart of big game country, the last thing a hunter needs is heavy gear bogging them down. With a light hand-laid fiberglass stock and weight-shaving flutes on my barrel, the Wilderness comes in at a scant 6.75 pounds. The barrel is 24 inches of rifled precision that goes SUB-MOA without batting an eye. So despite the lighter frame, there is confidence of the Vanguard’s heavyweight impact when it’s time to drop that trophy.
- All Vanguard rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99” or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) from a cold barrel when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition within Two-Years of Verified Purchase Date to Original Purchaser.
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- Vanguard Recoil Pad
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Hinged Floorplate
- Drop-Box Magazine Models: .240 WBY MAG / .25-06 REM. / .270 WIN. / .30-06 SPRG.
- Hand-laminated, raised comb Monte Carlo carbon fiber composite stock
- Aluminum bedding plate
- Matte gel coat finish
- Spiderweb accents
- Weighs just 6 ¾ pounds
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Matte, bead blasted, blued finish
- Barrel length is 26” for magnum chamberings & 24” for non-magnum and 240 Wby Mag